Visteon to Debut Next-Generation Vehicle Infotainment Platform and Showcase Latest Cockpit Electronics Technology at CES® 2017
Leading cockpit electronics supplier will present innovative solutions for connected car including:
- Phoenix™ next-generation infotainment platform – first to offer app developer-friendly software development kit (SDK) and simulation; cybersecure and upgradeable
- Augmented reality head-up display, plus full range of HUD solutions for all vehicle segments
- Latest all-digital instrument clusters and advanced information displays
- Jan. 3 – Technology preview for media at CES Unveiled Las Vegas
- Jan. 5 – Participation on SAE International® 2017 Connect2Car panel, “Connecting with Confidence”
LAS VEGAS, Dec. 21, 2016 – Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC) – a technology leader at the epicenter of the fast-growing automotive cockpit electronics segment – will showcase its latest innovations for the connected car and beyond at CES® 2017 Jan. 5-8 in Las Vegas. This will be Visteon’s 18th year at CES – one of the longest participation levels of any automotive technology company.
Other highlights of Visteon’s exhibit include an in-vehicle augmented reality windshield head-up display (HUD) that overlays virtual information directly in the driver’s sight; a full range of all-digital instrument clusters; and an array of eye-catching information displays that will become the primary interface with consumers as new mobility models and autonomous driving continue to evolve.
“CES is the ideal event to showcase how Visteon is transforming the future of mobility and accelerating improvements in vehicle security, safety and the driving experience,” said Visteon President and CEO Sachin Lawande. “No other technology segment is influencing the future of mobility more rapidly than cockpit electronics. With the shift toward the all-digital cockpit – or e-cockpit – gaining further traction, we will demonstrate at CES how Visteon is ideally positioned to capitalize on new opportunities, as the only Tier 1 supplier focused exclusively on cockpit electronics.”
Interactive exhibits and a specially equipped vehicle will showcase Visteon’s expertise in instrument clusters, head-up displays, information displays, infotainment and connectivity. Highlights of Visteon technology at CES will include:
- Instrument clusters – The latest in large, high-resolution displays, including 3D, all-digital, hybrid digital/analog and cluster-with-camera.
- Head-up displays – In addition to augmented reality technology, Visteon will feature multiple HUD applications, including windshield HUD and four levels of combiner HUD that bring head-up technology to mass market vehicles.
- Information displays – Featured will be dual OLED (organic light-emitting diode), compound curve, and dual-view displays that show different content based on viewing angle – such as navigation for the driver and video for the passenger.
- SmartCore™ – Addressing electronic module consolidation, this industry-first automotive-grade cockpit domain controller integrates infotainment, instrument clusters, information displays, head-up displays, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and connectivity – providing a foundation for the evolution to autonomous driving.
Visteon experts in artificial intelligence and ADAS also will share an innovative autonomous vehicle program that is in development. Visteon’s approach applies machine-learning technology to accurately detect and classify objects in a vehicle’s path and plan vehicle movements, leading to fully trained driving control systems.
Visteon also will participate in an SAE International® 2017 Connect2Car interactive panel from 1-3:15 p.m. PST on Jan. 5 in North Hall (N258). Timothy Yerdon, who leads global marketing for Visteon, will participate on the “Connecting with Confidence” panel, focused on enhancing the driver experience and accelerating the deployment of mobile technologies.
Just prior to CES, Visteon will preview cockpit electronics technology at the official pre-CES media event, CES Unveiled Las Vegas, from 5-8:30 p.m. PST on Tuesday, Jan. 3, in the South Pacific Ballroom of the Mandalay Bay Hotel.
Visteon is a global company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics products and connected car solutions for most of the world’s major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is a leading provider of instrument clusters, head-up displays, information displays, infotainment, audio systems, telematics and SmartCore™ cockpit domain controllers. Visteon also supplies embedded multimedia and smartphone connectivity software solutions to the global automotive industry. Headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, Visteon has approximately 10,000 employees at more than 40 facilities in 18 countries. Visteon had sales of $3.25 billion in 2015. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
734-417-6184 – mobile